Book a Holiday Home Rental in France that Offers the Comforts of Home
A family skiing holiday in France can be a very memorable experience. It just needs good planning and good resources to help you bring it all together. Skiing as a family has to be one of the most enjoyable holidays, particularly if the whole family is learning to ski or snowboard for the first time. Ski villages and ski holiday home rentals in France with well-established amenities and easy/quick access to the slopes are very well suited for families and groups.
Ski in the Alps – Enjoy Family Time at the Most Famous Ski Resorts in France
• Ski in Chamonix – it has something to suit everyone; whether you are searching for a luxury chalet to treat the family to a magical winter holiday, or a catered ski chalet to share with friends. If you’re looking for a private chef, in-house spa facilities, lift passes and equipment, or ski lessons, Chamonix is the ideal destination for a family skiing holiday in France.
• Ski in Meribel – take advantage of its great network of rapid ski lifts. The quick and easy travel options make this resort a top choice for a family skiing holiday in France. Meribel has excellent beginner skiing in the Altiport area and some excellent off-piste for the adventurous. With a wide choice of accommodation, restaurants, boutiques, ski rentals, French ski schools and cultural events throughout the winter sports season, Meribel promises a wonderful time both on and off the ski slopes.
• Ski in Courchevel – this is a wonderful choice for families; there is plenty of convenient lodging and gentle slopes. The resort was one of the first to use the magnetic system, ‘Magnestick’, to hold children securely on chairlifts. It is now installed on six lifts. The ski resort accommodation in Courchevel gives you access to very good quality of shopping, sports stores, bars, restaurants and children’s’ activity areas for the complete family skiing experience.
Ideal Accommodation for a Family Skiing Holiday in France
Choosing the right ski resort for a family trip is important. Not every ski resort is the best for total beginners to either learn to ski or snowboard.
• Catered ski chalet holidays have always been popular with families. They are far less formal than hotels and not as much hard work as a self catered holiday in apartments that allow restricted space.
• Childcare and amenities enable parents to relax knowing their children are safe and having a great time. Several resorts specialize in family skiing holidays with in-house crèches and nannies to look after children.
• The key to a memorable family skiing holiday is to be with other families. Ski chalets range in size from small chalets for just one family to larger ones for big family gatherings or for families to share.
• The accommodation should be as close to the ski area as possible; preferably within walking distance to the slopes, shops, restaurants and ski schools.
• Gentle runs and nursery slopes are a must for children (and adults!) learning how to ski or snowboard. Many resorts also offer ski lessons for children in the afternoons to avoid the colder mornings.
• Service matters! You should be able to stay with your friends or family in a ski holiday accommodation where someone cooks your evening meal, provides breakfast and cleans the rooms while you are on the slopes. You want to feel as comfortable as you do at home and not have to worry about a lack of good housekeeping.
The sheer variety of resorts suits anyone looking for the perfect family skiing holiday in France. Online ski holiday planners can help you find the ideal family ski holiday accommodation, whether catered chalets, self-service apartments and holiday home rentals in all the leading French ski resorts.