Colorful India, Mesmerizing India, Incredible India and so on and on and on … It is indeed not easy to describe the beauty and the dignity of the country. So much diversity in its culture and traditions, the country is defines as the most colorful country in the world. Filled with different religions, the country celebrates various festivals during the year.
Fascinated by its beauty, the country is travelled by lakhs of tourist during a year. To get rejuvenated and get soaked in the vibrant culture of the country, visitors travel to India and spend the most amazing holidays in India. If you also wish to spend some memorable moments in this country, that you should check out this list of most colorful places in India which you can visit in the month of March.
Charming and Welcoming the city of Jaipur, the only place in Rajasthan which is painted in Pink. The old area of the city, the monuments and temples are painted in the pink color and that is the reason why city is called the Pink City. Famous for majestic palaces and charming forts, Jaipur has made its special position in Indian Tourism.
If you visit this city during the time of winters, you will witness a unique charm of the city. While your Jaipur tours you can visit these places for an unforgettable holidays –
- Amber Fort – The oldest and huge fort of the city.
- Hawa Mahal – The Place of wind with more 950 small windows
- Albert Hall – Charming Palace like museum
- City Palace – The Residence of Royal family and also featuring as museum
Get colored in the colors of Divinity and Spirituality. The holy city of India, Varanasi is among the most fascinated tourist spots among travelers especially among the foreign travelers. Popularly known as the Kashi or Banaras, the city holds a significant Mythological importance. One of the holiest cities of India Varanasi is believed to be founded by Lord Shiva. Charmingly posted on the west bank of River Ganga, has many historical stories to tell you when you will travel to India.
Here are some places you can visit when you visit Varanasi –
- New Vishwanath Temple – Dedicated to Lord Shiva also known as Birla temple
- Kashi Vishwanath Temple – Believed to be the oldest temple of India dated back 3500 years back
- Assi Ghats – Sacred bank located on the confluence of River Ganga and Asso
- Manikarnika Ghat – Oldest ghat of Varanasi famous for a cremation ceremony.
Blue is not a sorrow color, not when this color is related to the charming city of Jodhpur. The old are of the city is majorly colored in the blue color and hence the city is named as the Blue city of Rajasthan. With great historical significance Jodhpur is full of rich culture and traditions which are the mirror of the rich bygone Rajputi era of the city. The magnificent Mehrangarh fort is the witness of its glorious past. With sweet dialect and rich cuisine, Jodhpur has made a special place in the heart of its travelers. The markets of the city are filled with rich traditional handicrafts and ethnic clothing. For all traditional jewelry lovers, this is the right place for you all. You can also purchase mojris (ethic foot wears) and blankets / quills here.
Here are the major Jodhpur attractions –
- Mehrangarh Fort – A majestic historical fort which is now turned into museum.
- Umaid Bhawan Palace – One of the last constructed palaces in India
- Jaswant Thada – famous for unique architecture and located near the Mehrangarh fort.
- The Flying Fox – famous for plush green trees and fragrant flowers.
- Ghanta Ghar – Most prominent landmark, built-in between 1880 and 1911 AD
Valley of Flowers
Discussion about this place is so worthy when we are talking about the most colorful places in India. Evident to its name, the place is full of flowers and is India's most picturesque spots. The Valley of Flowers is situated in the northern state of India, in Uttarakhand. No matter where ever you go in all India, you will not find any place as colorful as this one. During your north India tours, when you will visit this valley, you will experience the beautiful alpine shrubs and meadows traveling with the flow of winds. You will also get enchanted by watching the milky white streams along with the surrounding snow-clad peaks which are combined with the fresh air. Flowers like Brahmakamal, Blue Poppy and Cobra Lily are major species of flowers in here.
Here are some of the best places that you can visit during your visit to the Valley of Flowers –
- Govindghat – A place where River Alaknanda and Lakshman Ganga meet
- Joshimath – Sacred Hindu temple dedicated Lord Badrinath.
- Mana – Beautiful place lies next to the Tibet border, inhabited by Indo-Mangolian – Bhotias.
Suburb of Dharamshala in Kangra district of Himachal Pradesh, McLeod Ganj is one of the most colorful places in India. Also known as the Upper Dharamshala, the place is famous for Buddhist monasteries. The colorful prayer flags of the place make the surrounding colored in the different hues. While visiting this place you would be able to witness the serene and sophisticate life of monks and the monasteries. The people of McLeod are very jovial and pleasant. They welcome its guests with all open arms and from them you learn can many things like about their culture, traditions, lifestyle, food and much more. The conversation they initiate is quite pleasant. The lush green surrounding of the place filled with landscapes and lush green valleys is something that will make your tour memorable and fantastic.
When you travel to McLeod Ganj, you can visit to some of these beautiful locations such as –
- Namgyal Monastery – A beautiful complex located within the Tsuglagkhang complex which is the residence of Dalai Lama.
- Tibetan Museum – Located in Tsulagkhang complex, house of famous Tibetan art.
- Bhagsunath Temple -Beautiful temple surrounded by beautiful pool and lush greenery.
- Bhagsu Falls – A waterfall that showcases the real grandeur of the Mother nature.
Fun, love, party, beaches and wines … This is what we think when we heard the name Goa. Christened as honeymooners' paradise Goa is among the best and most visited tourist destinations in India. Famous for beaches and exotic ranges of wines the place is filled with jovial people. So consider it literally or metaphorically, Goa indeed is one of most colorful places in India. Crystal clear beaches are lying with shimmering white sand down and majestic blue sky upwards. The beautiful beaches which are dotted with the waving palm trees just enhance the beauty of the city.
Whenever you will be on your Goa Tours, do try to visit the place during the carnival time. During this time (Goa Carnival) you will get to watch the different sheds of Goa in a single float.This is the time when you can enjoy an array of wines, lip-smacking delicacies and the party life of the place.
Here are some of the best places in Goa that you can visit during Goa tourism –
- Church of Our Lady of Immaculate Conception – Historical Portuguese monument.
- Bom Jesus Basilica – UNESCO declared world heritage site.
- Chapora Fort – An intriguing place to visit.
- Beaches – Baga Beach, Anjuna Beach, Calangute Beach and many others.